Sunday, December 9, 2012

Coffee Cake Mom Style

This was a recipe of a wintertime childhood favorite - coffee cake that my Mom used to make and serve at breakfast.  From a folded out envelope, I typed out what I could read of the ingredients and instructions.  Nothing better on a cold winter morning.  I think I might have misread the instructions.  The butter, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract are not mixed into the flour but drizzled onto the cake dough.  The crossed out sugar ingredient in the cake dough might be 3 tsp sugar? (Click the pic to enlarge in a separate tab)

1 comment:

  1. Let's make it. We'll start by baking it at 350 for 25 minutes. We'll leave it in the oven until it passes the toothpick test. We'll do it Saturday evening. Sweet! If it matches up to your memory, we could bake it for the grandkids on Xmas Day.

    ReplyDelete